Thursday, June 28, 2012

Community Gardening

We've had quite a month. I can't believe I haven't posted. I don't know where the time went.

Well, I do know where it went, but it went fast!

We planted our garden at the beginning of the month and it is growing strong! We wanted to start with a manageable size so as not to overwelm our small congregation so we planted some staples: tomatoes, peppers, squash, beans, cucumbers and basil (my favorite!).

Despite drought conditions, our garden looks healthy. We have a soaker hose embedded and we topped the garden with mulch to help hold the moisture in and block weeds. It's working nicely and it's a hot topic on Sunday mornings.
Dig it up, lay down weed blocking material, cut some holes, set the plants in, roll out the soaker hose and toss a little mulch on and we're good to go!

The Man thinking hard in the background :)


The Boy lending a hand...

Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment