Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Face Your Fears

Even a baby bunny can be scary.
I just read this post at SpouseBuzz.com, a military spouse website regarding facing your fears.

The post made me laugh, but also made me so grateful for the other military spouses who take on military life with a sense of humor.

I often feel instantly connected with other military spouses I meet. In this instance, I realize that many of the same "fears" we face like palmetto bugs, spiders or bunnies with fleas, other civilian wives face too.

What makes a military wife different is that we know that at some point in time, usually sooner than later, we are going to have to face that fear head on, and it's always going to be when your husband is gone!

We can laugh about insignificant fears together because we understand that there are more serious fears to face. It's the deeper level of life that we live allows me to draw nearer to a military spouse.

Rather than shy away from those fears, I'm grateful for them because they allow me to live a fuller, more purposeful life. The fears also cause me to draw nearer to God.

2 Timothy 1:7 it says "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

Military life gives me the opportunity to push away the timidity that easily controls me and gives me a spirit of power. It's not power from my abilities, but God's. He gives me the strength to face my fears no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment