Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dream Sheet.

Today's topic...We all know there’s a “dream sheet” for our service members to indicate where they’d choose to be sent if possible. But what about you? What duty stations or locations would be on YOUR dream sheet?

We don't have a "dream sheet" in the Army National Guard. We're lucky enough to be moved around our home state. Or not moving and The Man doing some unique commuting as is the current case.

However, that doesn't stop me from dreaming!

I'd jump at the opportunity to move with the military. I'd love to not only live in another place, but I think military life offers fantastic experiences that I want to pass onto The Boy. From learning to make life-long friends quickly to easily adapting to situations and cultures. The military has taught me how to be flexible, creative and to make the most out of any situation. The Man and I plan to teach him these skills as he grows, but the military would help speed up his learning process.

If we could go anywhere, here are my top picks, in no particular order:

Italy. I visited once when in high school and fell in love. Really, anywhere in Europe.

Japan. The Man has been to Japan twice for training related opportunities and he said the people are some of the nicest he's ever met. We also love sushi. Dream sheet, right?

North or South Carolina. I'm a pretty big fan of the South and I think the Carolinas could offer some of the things I enjoy the most about visiting the southern part of the CONUS including the people, heat and humidity, and charm.

Hawaii. I have heard mixed reviews from the people we've known stationed in Hawaii, however, we've been there a handful of times and I love the culture and I don't think I could get bored or get sick of eating fresh pineapple. I sure wouldn't cry over missing winter, either.

Guam or Puerto Rico. As long as we're talking about islands, why not talk one of these two? I think I would enjoy living on an island for a few years. I might not handle it my whole life, but for a few years? Why not!


The Blog Carnival is in full swing. Join in the fun!



2 comments:

  1. Stopping in from the blog carnival! We are stationed in North Carolina, and it's a great place! I also have Italy and Hawaii on my 'dream sheet' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you love North Carolina, it seems like a great place!

    ...Let me know if how Italy and Hawaii are if you ever get there!! :)

    ReplyDelete