Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Breathe.

I feel like I fell off the blog-earth the past two weeks. Last week, The Man returned from school in Utah. He spent the week, a very busy week, at home. We had the normal routine, plus I had my four-year-old nephew over for a few days. We, well actually, The Man, prepared and planted our garden. We had a party for The Boy's first birthday. And to top it off, one of my sisters was in town for Memorial Day weekend - so I didn't spend a minute in waste!

I am exhausted.

After blogging every day during the Wives of Faith Blog Carnival, I had to be blogged out for a few days or risk not getting a thing done before The Man got home! Now, it's back to business as usual. The Man is back to work and I'm back to crazy land with The Boy, The Dog, and occasionally, my nephew around for added fun. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy.

One of the four neighbor dogs has also been over to play frequently which just adds to the madness.

I'm pretty sure Odin and Tucker share a brain...



In all of this chaos, I was struggling to find some rest and some peace, when in one of my daily devotions spoke to my soul.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

I can't imagine living life without my mighty rock, and my refuge. Oh to have a heart for God like David did. I'm embarrassed that I don't turn to Him first in every test and every trial. When I fall short time after time, God meets me at that place no matter how far away I've fallen from him. Not only is He willing to meet me at any place that I call out to Him, He will give me rest, He will give me strength and He will give me hope. It's what I'm looking for this week, at the feet of my Father first.

No comments:

Post a Comment